Attain is a dynamic and innovative technology consulting company located in Ottawa, Ontario with branches across Canada. Committed to excellence, we are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior IT/Telecom Designer, preferably with RCDD accreditation, to join our team. This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects and contribute to the success of our growing organization.
- Design and Planning: Lead the design and planning of IT and telecom infrastructure projects, ensuring alignment with industry standards and best practices. Develop comprehensive design documentation, including drawings, schematics, and specifications for IT and telecom systems.
- Leverage your experience and education to provide expertise in the design and implementation of structured cabling systems. Ensure that all designs adhere to RCDD standards and guidelines
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT professionals, architects, engineers, and project managers, to integrate IT and telecom solutions seamlessly into overall project designs. Work closely with stakeholders to gather requirements, provide technical guidance, and address any design-related concerns.
- Quality Assurance: Conduct quality assurance reviews of designs to ensure compliance with industry standards, codes, and regulations. Implement and follow best practices to optimize IT and telecom infrastructure performance and reliability.
- Project Management: Lead Project Management and/or assist in project management tasks, including budget estimation, resource allocation, and timeline management on various projects. Provide technical support during the implementation phase, ensuring that designs are executed accurately and efficiently.
- Technical Expertise: Stay informed about advancements in IT and telecom technologies and integrate relevant innovations into design strategies. Provide technical support to resolve complex issues and challenges related to IT and telecom infrastructure.
- The ability to be Secret Cleared with the Canadian Government (Canadian Citizen with 10 years of verifiable work history in Canada) – this is a mandatory condition of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Telecommunications, Smart Buildings, structured cabling or a related field (equivalent work experience will be considered)
- 10-15 years of experience in IT and telecom design.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, or other relevant design tools.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards, codes, and regulations.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Possessing strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, interpret, and write technical and communications drawings and specifications.
- Solid knowledge of National and Provincial Building Codes, as well as Associated Standards.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, reporting to various stakeholders.
- Proficient in O365 suite, proficient or familiar with Asana, MS Teams/planner, WorkFlowMax
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver license.
- Bilingual (English/French)
- RCDD accreditation
- PMP certification
What we bring to the table:
- We believe in career planning through a combination of internal training, job-shadowing, mentorship and on the job experiences. There is room to grow here, in a variety of directions, based on what interests you.
- We are invested in each other and our successes, you will always have someone in your corner.
- Our industry is fast-paced and ever-evolving, there is always something to learn and contribute to.
- We are committed to ensuring a nurturing environment where everyone feels valued and supported. Our bus always has room for more because we believe that a diverse and inclusive team is essential to our success.
- Competitive benefits packages, maternity leave top-ups, Health Spending Accounts, Retirement Plans, regular management touch-bases and a formal professional development program.
- We hire for fit and culture is important to us. We can show you how to build your technical skillset, but we want people who align with our values.
Please include your CV of relevant education and/or experience. Via cover letter, provide evidence of ability to obtain secret clearance, and details about you. We look forward to connecting with you.
*Please note, applicants selected for interview process may be asked to complete a technical evaluation either in person, or virtually via MS Teams. If you require any accommodations – please let the People & Culture team know.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Full-time – Band 4 IC
Salary Band: $71,000- $100,000 – commensurate with demonstrated experience and qualifications.