Attain Uncovers Unrecognized Rooftop Revenues
Client: Community Centre
Rooftop audit and license agreement re-negotiation
At a community center in Calgary, Alberta, a wireless carrier had installed a number of point-to-point wireless antennae with the intent of reselling services. The center wanted to understand what was on its rooftop and what the carrier intended to do with it.
The Attain Group provided its Telecom Building Conditioning Report services to the client, focusing on wireless rooftop assets.
To assess the rooftop property inventory and the carrier's revenue potential from those assets, The Attain Group undertook the following work tasks:
- Created diagrams of each rooftop property complete with locations of all rooftop antennae
- Numbered, photographed, and tagged each rooftop antenna
- Examined installations and noted if any antennae were improperly installed and/or damaging the rooftop membrane
- Examined the telecom license agreement for each antenna and calculated its associated revenue and market rate value
- Renegotiated the license agreement
Our audit revealed that only one third of the actual coverage (and therefore just 1/3 of the revenue-generating potential) of the antennae was listed in the carrier’s license agreement. We renegotiated with the carrier on behalf of the center and ensured that the building owner will be appropriately compensated for the value of its rooftop real estate.