Telecommunication Technologist, Toronto
The Attain Group is seeking a motivated individual to perform technical surveys, report writing, inspect projects and provide basic project management to support for their engineering and real estate clients. The position is full time work in Toronto and will be home based.
The qualified candidate will be responsible to perform on-site surveys, coordinate work with clients and telecommunication carriers, write reports based on survey findings, provide industry knowledge to our clients, and manage multiple projects at the same time. As part of the real estate team, you will be an integral part of delivering superior customer service to our clients.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work directly for the Director, Toronto Region
- Inspect telecommunication work performed by others
- Conduct surveys of building telecommunication (cabling) infrastructure
- Provide analysis of findings
- Write reports based on findings of surveys
- Deliver other services available to real estate clients
- Maintain client database
Mandatory: The following skills are mandatory for the role:
- Minimum three (3) years work experience installing/supervising structured cabling in the Canadian marketplace
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision
- Customer interaction at various levels of management with professionalism
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver license and your own vehicle
Assets: The following skills would be an asset for any applicant:
- Knowledge of outside plant (OSP) cabling
- Knowledge of BICSI and EIA/TIA standards
- Knowledge of cellular installation standards, antenna installation standards
- Experience performing on-site survey of telecommunication infrastructures
- Knowledge of CCTV or access control solutions
- Knowledge of audio visual solutions
- The ability to be Secret Cleared with the Canadian Government
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 plus benefits.
The Attain Group:
The Attain Group is one of Canada’s leading telecommunication engineer and consulting firms. Headquartered in Ottawa, with a branch office in Toronto, the company is a thought leader in technology (wired, wireless, AV, and security) to today’s commercial real estate industry. We provide a wide range of engineering and consulting services and project management to both the public and private sector.
If you are interested in joining this exciting team of individuals, please forward your resume and to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.