Senior A/V Designer, Ottawa
Ability to be Secret Cleared with the Canadian Government is mandatory (10 years in Canada)
The Attain Group is recognized as one of Canada’s leader’s in technology consulting and engineering, in the government, building owners, education, health care, institutional, commercial, and industrial sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as independent consulting engineers.
At The Attain Group, we help clients who oversee significant properties to better understand, control, and protect their technology assets. As a professional consulting and engineering firm, trusted advisors, and seasoned managers, we help our clients to avoid unwanted surprises, increase revenue streams, support tenants, and enable smart buildings.
Only The Attain Group specializes in delivering both short-term and long-term strategies for the management of these interconnected infrastructures:
- Telecommunication infrastructure
- IT, data centre, and network infrastructure
- Wireless networks
- Audio-visual systems
- Electronic security systems
Our process delivers the roadmap, the language, and the tools necessary to ensure that these systems and services are installed, delivered and maintained in coherent, secure, reliable, and cost-effective fashion with minimal impact to facilities and building design. The Attain Group believes in delivering excellence.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN A WEEK?
Under the supervision and leadership of the VP Audio Visual Systems, the Senior A/V Designer’s works closely with the entire Attain Group team. The primary duties of the Senior A/V Designer are working with clients, architects, interior designers, and the rest of The Attain Group team to develop requirements, designs, and associated documentation of AV projects.
- Review sites and site surveys, design systems based on requirements and budget, and produce documentation suitable for workshops, presentations and tendering, and control system programming scopes.
- Perform and lead requirements gathering workshops with clients and architecture/interior design teams.
- Create design, coordination, construction, and system integration project documents.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, architecture/interior design teams, electrical engineering teams, manufacturers, and contractors.
- Provide sales and technical staff with high-end technical support on both a pre and post-sales basis including attending project meetings.
- Perform system commissioning.
- Contribute to and/or design control system graphic user interfaces.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies.
- Initiate quotes and update project information in Attain’s Workflow Max System for tracking and billing purposes.
DO YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS?
• Ability to be Secret Cleared with the Canadian Government mandatory (10 years in Canada)
• Technical Diploma or Business Degree an asset
• Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) Certification or CTS-Design highly preferable
• 7+ years of overall Audio-Visual commercial solution/services industry experience.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Visio is an asset;
• Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics.
• Knowledge of control system programming, implementation, and testing for System Integration client projects.
• Crestron, Extron, Biamp, Cisco, Polycom, QSC, or ClearOne Certifications are an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (fluent English is a must, and French is advantageous)
• Experience creating or assisting in creation of sales proposals
• A proven track record in A/V systems engineering and control systems commissioning
• Ability to write a scope of work.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people
• Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to work independently; punctual and precise
• Organized with the ability to manage time and deliverables
• Ability to work confidently within a team environment made up of professionals, engineers, and planners
• Valid driver’s license is considered advantageous
You have a 'can do' attitude and are always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Attain offers an enjoyable work environment, employee benefits, as well as annual bonus and company sponsored celebrations and events. Work-life balance is strongly encouraged. Note that a 6-month probationary period applies.
At The Attain Group, we believe in family values and we focus on results-oriented and passionate people who participate in ambitious and complex projects. Do you have the profile we are looking for?
Resume: Please submit a Resume and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to HR(at)theattaingroup.com. We look forward to and appreciate your submission, but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.