Junior Technologist and AutoCAD Draftsperson, Ottawa
- 2-3 required (note 6-month probation period possibly leading to long term employment);
- 1 bilingual (French / English) who can travel to/from Quebec
- 1 AV Trainee
The Attain Group is recognized as one of Canada’s leader’s technology consulting and engineering, in the government, building owners, education, health care, institutional, commercial, industrial sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as independent consulting engineers.
At The Attain Group, we help clients who oversee significant properties to better understand, control, and protect their technology assets. As a professional consulting and engineering firm, trusted advisors, and seasoned managers, we help our clients to avoid unwanted surprises, increase revenue streams, support tenants, and enable smart buildings.
Only The Attain Group specializes in delivering both short-term and long-term strategies for the management of these interconnected infrastructures:
- Telecommunication infrastructure
- IT, data centre, and network infrastructure
- Wireless networks
- Audio-visual systems
- Electronic security systems
Our process delivers the roadmap, the language, and the tools necessary to ensure that these systems and services are installed, delivered and maintained in coherent, secure, reliable, and cost-effective fashion with minimal impact to facilities and building design.
The Attain Group believes in delivering excellence.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN A WEEK?
Under the supervision of the VP and GM, the Technologist and AutoCAD Draftsperson’s main mandate is working with the Attain team of consultants and engineers to complete AutoCAD drafting, review drawings from Architects, and Mechanical and Electrical consultants, as well as assist in the technology reviews for telecommunications, security and audio-visual systems.
The Technologist and AutoCAD Draftsperson produces drawings for the schematic design, design development, construction documents, construction management, RFI, Site Instructions (SI) sketches and close out documents. Using Attain standards, drafts, plots, organizes and assembles drawings that are reviewed by the project managers, redline, update, and submit winning documents.
One of the required new staff will be trained specifically as an Audio-Visual Design trainee, the Technologist would assist in the design, configuration and documentation of AV systems.
DO YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS?
- Graduate of an Architectural Technologist (or Electrical/Electronic Engineering technologist) program at a recognized Ontario Post-Secondary School;
- Working experience within an architectural, electrical engineering or technology firm is advantageous;
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2018, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, Access);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English is a must, and French is advantageous);
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to work independently; punctual and precise;
- Organized with the ability to manage time and deliverables;
- Possess an understanding of building science, construction materials, construction methods, and architectural detailing (telecommunications and security);
- Must be able to manage the production and delivery of construction documents;
- Possess a working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (OBC);
- Ability to work within a team environment made up of professionals, engineers, and planners;
- Valid driver’s license is considered advantageous; and
- Ability to be Secret Cleared with the Canadian Government
- Note that a 6-month probationary period will apply.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE ASSETS:
AV Experience: It would be an advantage, if the candidate possesses an understanding of A/V systems, to assist in: Managing A/V projects from planning to completion; any experience with installation, configuration, programming of AV systems would be considered an asset;
IT Experience: Network cabling, IT systems, switches, routers, telecommunication cabling standards, telephony, wireless systems;
Security Network Design: It would be an advantage if the candidate possesses knowledge in security system design, installation or configuration, access control, CCTV systems or related industry experience.
WHY JOIN THE ATTAIN TEAM?
- Competitive compensation, reviewed annually (current range $18 - $30 / hour)
- Merit and Corporate bonuses
- 2 weeks’ vacation (first 5 years)
- Group insurance (after 6 months full employment)
- Ongoing training offered throughout the year
- Friendly and welcoming work environment
- Leadership and mentoring of employees
- Young, dynamic environment
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere
- Flexible career direction with opportunities
- Stable, long-term employment;
- “Open-door” policy where communication is encouraged;
- Interesting assignments ranging in size and type;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged
- Extracurricular social events.
- West end of Ottawa with bus access
At The Attain Group, we believe in family values and we focus on results-oriented and passionate people who participate in ambitious and complex projects. Do you have the profile we are looking for?
Please submit a Resume and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to HR@theattaingroup.com. We look forward to and appreciate your submission, but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.