Bilingual Junior Technical and Proposal Writer and Administration Assistant (English/French), Ottawa
Short term with long term possibility
The Attain Group is recognized as one of Canada’s leader’s technology consulting and engineering, in the government, building owners, education, health care, institutional, commercial, industrial sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as independent consulting engineers.
At The Attain Group, we help clients who oversee significant properties to better understand, control, and protect their communication assets. As a professional consulting and engineering firm, trusted advisors, and seasoned managers, we help our clients to avoid unwanted surprises, increase revenue streams, support tenants, and enable smart buildings.
Only The Attain Group specializes in delivering both short-term and long-term strategies for the management of these interconnected infrastructures:
- Telecommunication infrastructure
- IT, data centre, and network infrastructure
- Wireless networks
- Audio-visual systems
- Electronic security systems
Our process delivers the roadmap, the language, and the tools necessary to ensure that these systems and services are installed, delivered and maintained in coherent, secure, reliable, and cost-effective fashion with minimal impact to facilities and building design.
The Attain Group believes in delivering excellence.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN A WEEK?
Under the supervision of the VP and GM, the technical and proposals writer’s main mandate is the complete drafting of written technical documents for both engineering and building telecommunications conditions reports (these are templated reports) and proposal business development documents, that would include mainly qualifications and proposals. The Administration assistance is to track all documents (templates) and upgrade, track company proposals, and update weekly project minutes and status of projects and proposals.
The technical writer drafts and assembles reports that are reviewed by the project managers, when writing proposals, they would include company and employee qualifications, proposals and other technical documents to respond to the clients’ requirements and submit winning documents;
- Organize and lead the start-up and coordination meetings with the people involved (internally and with external partners). Obtain the client's main concerns from the EVP and Business Development (President). Determine winning themes and key messages;
- Write technical texts in both languages (mainly in English) using their technical knowledge of the construction industry;
- Highlight our expertise by enhancing general texts and emphasize the winning themes and key messages;
- Create the page layout with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel for specific needs;
- Develop high quality and compliant documents that meet all customer requirements;
- Update our tools (CVs, project sheets, database, standard texts, etc.) by obtaining relevant information from the people concerned;
- Follow-up on submissions. Ensure debriefing has been requested. Participate in debriefing with the client. Share lessons learned with the rest of the team;
- Support the project teams in presenting to clients. Assemble the presentation document in PowerPoint and prepare the team.
DO YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS?
- Post secondary or a Bachelor's degree;
- 2 years’ experience in a writer position;
- Good knowledge of the construction industry;
- Excellent knowledge of both languages (mainly English);
- Effective organization of work. Priority management;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access;
- Good communicator;
- Attention to detail;
- Meets deadlines;
- Creativity, professionalism and great judgment;
- Some knowledge of Accounting would be helpful;
- Ability to be Secret Cleared with Canadian Government;
- Note that a 6 month probationary period will apply.
WHY JOIN THE ATTAIN TEAM?
- Competitive compensation reviewed annually (current range $18 - $25 / hour)
- Merit and Corporate bonuses
- 2 weeks’ vacation (first 5 years)
- Group insurance (after 6 months full employment)
- Ongoing training offered throughout the year
- Friendly and welcoming work environment
- Leadership and mentoring of employees
- Young, dynamic environment
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere
- Flexible career direction with opportunities
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere
- Flexible hours
- Ability to work from home
- Stable, long-term employment;
- “Open-door” policy where communication is encouraged;
- Interesting assignments ranging in size and type;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged
- Extracurricular social events.
- West end of Ottawa with bus routes
At The Attain Group, we believe in family values and we focus on results-oriented and passionate people who participate in ambitious and complex projects. Do you have the right profile and attitude?
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to HR@theattaingroup.com. We look forward to and appreciate your submissions, but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.